Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Who Was Shakespeare?"


Shakespeare was baptized 26 April, 1564 and died 23 April 1616, known as England’s national poet and was born and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon and had a successful career as playwright, actor, and part owner of an acting company. Not much else is known about his private life with the exception that we know that he retired three years before he died. No one knows how Shakespeare actually looked like.
            Shakespeare is perceived by most students nowadays as famous writer who wrote incredibly hard novels to understand both in diction and in content matter that English teachers seem to adore. I get more of Shakespeare’s iambic pentameter but knowing full well I will never be able to write in it and I get that Shakespeare had to design plays that could be read by all audiences. I still have a lot of struggle with grasping his language because the English used is so different from today’s but I feel that if I keep fully immersing myself in it and openly question and learn it that this learning curve will decrease dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment